EMP | On Sale Now
– Seasonal Retreats: https://www.evolvemoveplay.com/retreats
– EMP UK & US Weekend Workshops: https://www.evolvemoveplay.com/workshops
– Online Natural Movement Courses: https://learn.evolvemoveplay.com/choose-your-own-adventure1672680678329
Welcome back to the Evolve Move Play Podcast!
Today we’re joined by Austin Jochum.
Austin is the owner of Jochum Strength, where he’s been helping his athletes improve their game through exposing them to a wide variety of complex movement practices while utilizing a play-based, constraints led approach in training.
In this conversation we’re going to look at some of the specific ways he’s been implementing his method, the benefits that he’s seen in both his own performance and that of his athletes, the importance of using play to drive progress and fuel motivation, and the immense responsibility that coaches have in properly developing both the physical and mental qualities within their athletes and students.
I really enjoyed this conversation, and if you do too, please be sure to like, share, and subscribe if you aren’t already.
00:00 – Intro
00:17 – Internal Ad
02:35 – Bouldering Benefits
07:31 – The Transferability of Complexity
13:25 – Utilizing Play for Sports Performance
17:20 – Embracing Strengths and Addressing Weaknesses
26:13 – From Meathead to Movement Maven
32:11 – Fragile Strength
36:49 – Detrimental Coaching Practices & Placebo Effects
47:16 – Feeding and Escaping the Fragile Mindset
59:14 – Balancing Metrics and Intuitive Progress Tracking
01:03:46 – Athletic Programming
01:10:41 – Influences and Applications
EMP | Visit Us Online
– IG: @RafeKelly – http://www.instagram.com/rafekelley/
– FB: @RafeKelleyMovement – https://www.facebook.com/RafeKelleyMovement
– Twitter: @rafekelley – https://twitter.com/rafekelley
– YT Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/Faelcind?sub_confirmation=1
– Become a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/rafekelley