EMP | On Sale Now
– EMP UK & US Weekend Workshops: https://www.evolvemoveplay.com/workshops
– Online Natural Movement Courses: https://learn.evolvemoveplay.com/choose-your-own-adventure1672680678329
Welcome back to the Evolve Move Play Podcast!
Today we’re joined by Clifton Harski!
Cliff is the Director of Education for Pain Free Performance, and has previously been the director of programming and national head coach for Fitwall; a Master Trainer with KB Athletics; and a Master Trainer for MovNat.
In this conversation we’ll be covering a lot of ground, looking at the difference between practical, classical, and romantic training methods, the do’s and don’ts of strength training for kids as well as athletes, and the overall importance of selecting a method of practice that aligns with your needs and goals.
We also chat about what it’s like to be a professional coach/trainer, the subject of commercial viability,and properly selecting your target market.
I really enjoyed this conversation, and hope to have Cliff back on the program soon. If you enjoyed it as well, be sure to leave a like, comment, and subscribe if you haven’t.
00:00 – Cliff Intro
00:28 – Workshop Ad
01:27 – Cliff’s Niche & Background
08:04 – Practical, Classical & Romantic Training
12:50 – Commercial Viability
20:28 – MovNat & Coaching Workshops
33:56 – Kettlebell Training
45:53 – Adjusting Strength Metrics
52:16 – Preparing Youth Athletes
01:00:27 – Assessing Strength Training and Athletic Movement
01:12:09 – Foot and Ankle Strength
01:21:18 – Accommodating Resistance & Specificity
01:26:56 – Tracking Metrics and Generalist Movement
01:31:43 – Aliveness & Complexity
01:38:59 – Zoning In vs. Zoning Out
EMP | Visit Us Online
– EMP Website: https://www.evolvemoveplay.com
– IG: @RafeKelly – http://www.instagram.com/rafekelley/
– FB: @RafeKelleyMovement – https://www.facebook.com/RafeKelleyMovement
– Twitter: @rafekelley – https://twitter.com/rafekelle
– YT Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/Faelcind?sub_confirmation=1
– Become a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/rafekelley