The Heroes Journey
Join us for an epic adventure
Are you ready to take the Path?
The Heroes Journey is for intermediate and advanced movers, those ready to unwrap the deeper layers of movement practice. This is a small group event by invite or application only. Apply today to join us.
This will be a powerful tribal journey climbing through waterfalls, jumping between cliffs, racing down rocky creaks, and exploring some of the most beautiful nature in the world. All while learning the theoretical and philosophical foundations of movement practice. Including the principles of flow and rhythm in parkour and martial arts, motor learning and dynamic system theory, speed power and elastic development, the mental game and much more!
This event is only open to up to 15 participants and demand will be high apply today!
The Journey Event is for intermediate and advanced movement athletes. Apply below to join us.
This is an opportunity to dive deep into our latest developments and connections in natural movement. Experience a unique tribal journey climbing through waterfalls, jumping between cliffs, racing down rocky creaks, and exploring some of the most beautiful nature in the world, all while learning the theoretical and philosophical foundations of movement practice. This event is only open to up to 15 participants and demand will be high.
Enjoy exploring the most amazing environments and staying on the beautiful Kelley family homestead.
- Standing Jump Seven feet
- Swim competently
- Climb a 15 foot rope
- Do 5 pull ups
- Can you do a Kong/Cat Pass Vault
- Dash Vault
- Precision jumps
- Mental Game
- Are you comfortable moving 15 feet above the ground In cold water
You will join us in our latest researches on...
- Movement Philosophy
- Motor learning & Dynamic Systems
- Dynamic Systems
- Roughhousing/Martial arts
- Evolutionary Theory
- Power/Speed & Elastic Development
Research in Flow
- Understanding movement rhythms and tempos in locomotion and martial arts
- Strategies to improve rhythmic sequencing
- Development of improvisational sequencing
- How to apply movement to maximize structural efficiency
- How to overcome structural weaknesses through atomization of skills, addressing limitations, or using variation on central themes
Motor learning & Dynamic Systems
- External vs Internal cues
- Leveraging external cues effectively in movement
- Effectively manage attentional focus
- Overcoming paralysis by analysis using games, triggers and perturbations to develop antifragile motor patterns
- How the natural world best develops our coordination system through helping us find the most important attractor states
- How to leverage training in nature to become the most capable athlete
Power and Speed
- Volume, intensity, and frequency in and between session considerations for movement athletes to optimize power and speed
- Specific training strategies for speed and power in movement
Training with the Elements
- Developing comfort moving at height
- Swimming in fast and cold water
- Cliff diving
- Fire making
- Movement on snow (we’ll be taking a day trip up to Mt. Baker)
- Lecture and discussion on the “why” of training
- Training for meaning
- Cultivating the hero’s journey
- Becoming a guide for other peoples heroic journey
- Becoming strong to be useful
Evolution and Anthropology
- Discussions and lectures on our evolution and how it impacts our understanding of human movement, motivation and happiness.
Roughhousing/Martial Arts/Contact improv
- Games to help create more robust antifragile athletes
- Ways to apply roughhousing principles to diverse movement fields
- Strategies for developing, rapport, communication and negotiation skills to create the strongest movement partnering relationships
- Research in lifting, weight sharing partner acrobatics, and using partnering to develop acrobatics abilities
- Strategies for scaling sparring effectively to optimize learning and minimize risk
- Grappling principles and positional studies
- Striking techniques, power generation, timing & distance management, drills and games
- Self defense concepts and games
- The 6 stages of breaking the jump
- The three enemies of fear and how and when to use them
- Cultivation and recognition of Focus
- The balance between self discipline and self care
Where we will train
The beautiful sprawling cedars and surroundings of volunteer park in seattle. We will be working on swing routes through the branches, limb walks at height, vaults and jumping routes, wall runs and climbs and more.
The incredible sandstone boulders, woods and beaches of Larrabee state park. Site of my rock runner video, here we will work on bouldering, boulder running, creek jumps, slope slides and more
The amazing woods and creek, and cliffs of Whatcom Falls. Here we will jump over and climb through waterfalls, swim under rocks, dive from cliffs, jump between giant logs and more.
Alpine snowfields, boulder fields lakes and incredible vistas at mt. baker, were we will have snowball fights, enjoy sliding and acrobatics on snow, jumps on rocks and cold immersion in the lakes.
Back to seattle for the beautiful laurel and maple trees, sand slopes and driftwood beach of Discovery park, featured in the Move Like a Human. Here we will work on jumps at height, long driftwood obstacle course runs, team games in the trees; complex flow and more.
Where we will stay
Join us at this retreat and you will be welcomed on the beautiful Kelley Family homestead. Settled 98 years ago by my great grandfather Stanislaus Janicki, my father Sun Ray Kelley has created a wonderland of natural building, gardens, and orchards. The retreat site features a wood-fired saunas, multiple cold plunge pools, and outdoor kitchens that been featured in everything from the New York Times to the National Geographic channel.
Local organic food will be served around a broadly paleo theme. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
There are 10 spots available in the main house and these are first come first serve, so grab your tickets early. For late sign-ups, there is ample camping space in our apple orchard.
Come join us for an event that goes into unprecedented depth on how to move and live like a human — from natural parkour, to contact improv, martial arts, and wilderness skills to the importance of tribe and our connection to nature, and so much more!
The Early Bird price this year is $1995 (full price $2250), and won’t last long.
Grab your ticket now; there are only 15 spots and they will disappear fast!
Locations tour video
Are there payment plans
Yes, absolutely. We realize this is a big commitment and we’re happy to work with you to make sure you can join us.
What is the cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy is a full refund 60 days prior to an event, but no refund thereafter. Our seminars are often in high demand and take time to plan so we need to know that far in advance who can come.
Will I be able to apply this approach with my personal training clients?
Yes we will be covering ways to use the materials with your clients when you return home.
Come Train With Us…
Learn that and so much more at the Evolve Move Play Experience
Time is Running Out…
Fill out the application and join to the Heroes Journey. We will get back to you soon!