EMP | On Sale Now
– Seasonal Retreats: https://www.evolvemoveplay.com/retreats
– Online Natural Movement Courses: https://learn.evolvemoveplay.com/choose-your-own-adventure1672680678329
Welcome back to the Evolve Move Play Podcast!
Today we’re joined by Bobby Whyte, an athletic performance and basketball skill enhancement trainer operating out of Northern New Jersey.
Much of Bobby’s work as a basketball trainer is rooted in the constraints led approach which is a huge component of how we structure our teaching at Evolve Move Play, so it was really interesting to sit down with him and see how he applies his thinking to the world of basketball.
In today’s chat, we’ll learn a little bit about his past, how he struggled with and overcame heroin addiction, and how that experience has positively impacted the way he approaches and connects with his students today. We’ll also take a deep dive into his thoughts and practices around skill specific training, strength and conditioning work, and injury avoidance.
If you enjoy the conversation, please be sure to like, share, and subscribe if you aren’t already.
00:00 – Intro
00:17 – Internal Ad
00:50 – Intro/Bobby’s Backg-round
10:48 – Leading with Vulnerability
17:18 – Skill Specific Training, Overcoaching & Coyote Mentoring
28:58 – Integrating Strength & Skill
41:30 – Jump Training in Basketball
51:06 – Starting early, Pickup v. AAU, Pursuing Greatness
54:35 – Dealing with Jumper’s Knee & Ankle Sprains
EMP | Visit Us Online
– IG: @RafeKelly – http://www.instagram.com/rafekelley/
– FB: @RafeKelleyMovement – https://www.facebook.com/RafeKelleyMovement
– Twitter: @rafekelley – https://twitter.com/rafekelley
– YT Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/Faelcind…
– Become a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/rafekelley